Every day I am grateful I chose such an awesome father and husband. It’s not like he didn’t have a say in the matter, but I knew instantly he was mine – my precious (insert Golam voice).
No one’s perfect all the time but it’s the weekend and I’m feeling generous in my praise for the Husband, probably because he’s home and helping me and I can bludge on the computer without feeling as guilty as I usually do.
(awesome photo of the Husband courtesy of Kylie – from http://www.summerlily.com)
So this is snapshot of why he’s an awesome dad.
- He’ll play cops and robbers, hide and seek or pirates after being at work for 12 hours and not moan.
- He is better than me at changing nappies, well that’s what I tell him so he does it more often.
- I’ve probably only bathed my children 20 times in the past 4 years, he has given all three of them their first and subsequent baths, not because he has to but because he wants to.
- He’ll take them out to a theme park by himself so I can work, sleep or prepare for the birth of another baby.
- Playing princesses is just as fun as playing daddy dinosaur!
- I can be a cranky, demanding, teary and bossy boots and he puts up with me (to a point).
- Spew, boo, wee, he’ll help me clean it up and has no qualms about it – ever.
I could go on but I’m worried he’ll read this one day and then realise he’s not the world’s best nappy changer and tell me to naff off!