I’m battling to keep my shit together at the moment – so I’ll keep this brief (ish).
As a mother to three children who are very close in age, 3 born in 3.5 years, I have incredible mother’s guilt.
I mainly feel sorry for my third born, who really hasn’t been a baby and unfortunately at times is treated like his older siblings.
But then I also wonder if the reason my No.2 is extremely sensitive and cries all the time is because I’ve failed to manage to nurture his needs properly.
As for No.1, while she is my gem and quite easy at nearly 5, I wonder if she’s had to grow up quicker because I’ve had two babies to care for during her formative years.
Tears are welling as I write this because I know I can’t turn back time.
I suppose I just have to do my best from now on it, dig bloody deep and find some more patience and tolerance.
Here’s a few Things I Know (thanks Miss Cinders for the topic and link) that I feel guilty about:
1. That I work on a computer but also spend time on it when they are with me during the day, it might only be 30 minutes in the morning and afternoon but I feel bad.
2. I sometimes tell No.2 to stop crying all the time, which makes it worse for the poor wee fella.
3. No.3 hardly ever gets read books, the chance to do games or puzzles with me and gets told off when he tries to use the texters.
4. I don’t spend enough one-on-one time with each of them, this really eats me up.
5. We don’t go out and ride bikes/scooters enough because with 3 on my own it’s a bloody nightmare and it stresses me out too much.
6. No.3 doesn’t get the nice warm ‘don’t do that’ tone No.1 got as a toddler, he gets a short snappy “DON’T DO THAT”. Gulp, I’m such a shit head.
7. I often leave my kids to their own devices because I have run out of patience and don’t want to yell at them.
8. We don’t go to the park as much as we used to, No.3 barely knows what a swing is.
Rightio I’ve got to stop now I sound like the worst mum ever!
Apart from trying to fix all of the above mentioned, how else can I shift the mountain of guilt I carry on my shoulders?
I’m flogging my blog by Grace, linking with Miss Cinders for “Things I know” and flashing with Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye for Flash Blog Friday
Thank you for the links super bloggers 🙂