What a week! What a weekend! And shit oh dear it’s Monday – again!
Did you manage a sleep-in? Or at least try to fake a headache or say that you’d been up all night with ‘Johnny’ to get one – that’s always a good move.
I was fortunate to have my big sissy visiting and our children flocked to her like flies to a shit sandwich.
She was most of the reason we threw a last-minute party for my daughter’s 5th birthday.
There are heaps of people that she didn’t think of to invite (yes I let her choose) but you can’t keep everyone happy all of the time.
I know she had a fantastic day, which is all that matters.
So from start to finish, or A to Z as the case may be, here is the day in a nutshell.
Amazingly I didn’t stress or worry about the party AT ALL, despite the fact I didn’t organise a pickle ’til Friday!
But then again I did freak out when the portable CD player didn’t work for pass the
Considering how hot it was, due to the massive storm that happened in the afternoon, most kids joined in the party games.
Deciding who won ‘put the chicken in the barn’ (we had no donkey) was bloody hard.
Every child got lots of prizes, but some were still upset at not winning everything – but that’s just life.
Funnily enough my tantrum throwing baby was as happy as Larry most of the morning.
Great news for me and my sanity levels.
How long it would last I didn’t know!
I think he was too busy inhaling lollies to notice what was going on!
Jumping on the trampoline proved a great distraction for those who didn’t get a spot in musical chairs.
Keeping everyone happy isn’t as easy as it looks.
Luckily I had my awesome family there to help me control the rowdy crowd.
My girl had such a fun day – especially when she got her present from us!
Needless to say – the day was a great success.
Obviously I couldn’t have done it without my awesome big sissy.
Perhaps I should also give a shout out to the Husband, who did help make room outside for a games arena!
Quite possibly he did more but I was too busy fluffing around to notice.
Really glad that I didn’t have to do it on my own.
Seeing and hearing No.1 laugh and giggle in delight with her friends made my heart smile.
Tempting as it was, I did refrain from having a celebratory drinkie poo until the kids were tucked away in bed at night.
Unusual for me I know!
Very nearly fell asleep when the kids did after lunch.
Wowsers – what a day!
Xeroxing my butt would have been much easier.
You can see that from the previous statement that I am struggling for an X word.
Zero pain no gain right!
And because I love the idea of being positive at the start of the week I’m playing along with Kirsty @ My Home Truths and going tell you why I’m TOTALLY AWESOME!
1. Despite the fact I have three very dependent young children, I also work from home about 20 hours a week and help pay off the mortgage.
2. I am a good and reliable friend to those who return the favour.
3. I speak to my immediate family at least once a week, often more, not because I have to but because I want to.
4. I am a parent helper at my daughter’s school, plan to volunteer at tuckshop, play netball once a week, donate to the RSPCA, write articles about charities, read books to my kids and make dinner 5 out of 7 days a week.
5. Most of the time I usually cope with all of the above, my kids still drive me bat-shit mental, but most of the time I have my head above water – JUST!
6. The reason I am able to stay afloat is because of my McAwesome husband and I am awesome for finding him!
Why are you awesome? Or what awesome things did you do in the weekend?
Linking with Kirsty for I Must Confess
Linking with Deb at Home Life Simplified for Listmania
And spilling my guts with Alicia at One Mother Hen for Open Slather Monday!