Leaping into a bowl of coffee was the first thing on my mind at 4.54am this morning when No.3 woke.
We have early risers, and no amount of tinted windows, blinds, or black-out curtains (and yes we have all three) can stop this.
Their little circadian rhythms are perfectly in tune with the rising of the sun, sadly the same can’t be said at the other end of the day.
I’ve begrudgedly come to accept that I will never get to stay in bed past 5.30am – unless I sleep in our walk-in robe, something I’ve often thought of doing.
But the past few weeks have been much easier because I have had the Husband home in the mornings to share the load, but sadly only for two more sleeps.
Here’s 5 things I know will happen once the husband goes back to be being away from home for 13 hours a day:
1. I’ll realise what a bloody legend he is and be super nice to him when he gets home (for the first day anyhow).
2. I will have to answer every question, fix every problem, adjudicate every fight, and get all the cuddles and kisses – YAY!!!
3. I’ll be the big bad wolf for a few days because “dadda lets us have lollies and Shapes for breakfast” and turns a blind eye to things I don’t.
4. I might lose some weight because I’ll be back to doing everything eg nappy changing, strapping the kids in the car, and every other physical duty possible I have been able to fob off to him during the holidays.
5. Trips to the bathroom and shower will no longer be solo missions, but a four-person adventure.
This Friday thanks to Miss Cinders for giving me the inspiration to write a “Things I know” blog
To Grace for letting me Flog by Blog this sunny Friday
And to Bree for letting me link to her Flash Blog Friday.