By the time you read this I’ll be on my way to a 48-hour, child-free holiday in Cairns/Port Douglas with my two sisters.
What’s the occasion you ask? Well today is my birthday (35) and my family know I need a break or else I’ll go completely bat shit madder than I already am.
I have another reason to be excited about today – this is my 100th blog post – in almost as many days.
It might seem rather excessive – but for someone who loves to write and never shuts up, it’s actually quite understandable.
I really love the blog world and everyone in it, and I hope I’ve been able to make you laugh, nod in agreement or smile in one of the last 100 posts.
So here’s a bubbly on me!
Please be comforted in the fact that as soon as I arrive at the airport I’m heading straight to the bar to have a drink, regardless of whether ‘it’s 5 o’ clock somewhere’ or not.
I have never been away from my three angels for longer than 24 hours and even then I was just a 30-minute drive from home.
But I have the Husband looking after them and my amazing parents to help him so he’ll probably have more a break that me!!!
To be honest – I’m in need of a break so much that I’m not even anxious about going away. I know I’ll miss kisses, cuddles, their cute voices and their laughs.
But I need this time away to be a better mum for them.
I need to appreciate what I have, to take a step back and realise how amazing my life is, because if I’m honest – at the moment I don’t feel any of these things.
Here’s a few things that are guaranteed to happen while ‘on tour’ with my sisters!
1. Between the three of us we’ll take enough selfies to sink a ship.
2. We just might get arrested but if we do you’ll never know because “what goes on tour stays on tour”.
3. I’ll probably laugh so hard at some stage I might just wee myself. Come on give me a break, I have had 3 natural births in 3.5 years – it’s to be expected right???
4. If there’s food there, I will eat it, if there’s alcohol of any description I will snaffle it down like a hungry fox.
5. I’ll get four more hours of sleep every morning while I’m away – 9.30am so much nicer than 5.30am!
6. When I see people with kids I’ll be drawn to them, and I’ll over share by telling them that I have three kids and I’m on a break from them for the first time ever and I really miss them!
Happy Friday – flogging with Grace’s FYBF – see you next week 🙂